Enrollment FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

When and how can I enroll my child at Hancock?

What is the age cutoff for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten enrollment?

  • For 2021-2022 School Year - TK (must turn 5 between 9/2/2021 and 12/2/2021)
  • For 2021-2022 School Year - Kindergarten (must be 5 years old by 9/1/2021)
  • For 2022-2023 School Year - TK (must turn 5 between 9/2/2022 and 12/2/2022)
  • For 2022-2023 School Year - Kindergarten (must be 5 years old by 9/1/2022)

If my student is returning to Hancock next year, do I need to enroll him/her?

  • No. If students are returning, they do not need to re-register or fill out any paperwork prior to school starting.

I do not have a copy of my child's immunization records and/or birth certificate. Can I still enroll them?

  • No. Both are required to register you student for school. For immunization history, you will need to contact your medical provider for a copy. See the district website for information on immunizations required in California.  We cannot enroll you student without this information.

My student has an IEP or other special services. How can I be sure he/she gets the support services needed?

  • When you register, please note those services on the application form and provide a copy of the IEP with the other records. This helps us ensure your student is placed in the correct classroom environment and we have a plan to support him/her as needed.

Does Hancock have a preschool program?

  • No. We do not have preschool at our site. Visit the SDUSD website for locations of Early Childhood programs.

Who do I contact with questions about enrollment?

  • Please call our office at 619-605-3200. You can press option "0" for the quickest response. Note our offices are closed and no staff are available during summer break. Offices reopen for enrollment beginning August 18, 2021.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.